Inoculant Application (2 of 2)
Methods of Peat Inoculants Application
A) Calculate the quantities of materials needed for different legumes. The quantities required will vary with the size of the seed.
B) Mix the peat culture with pre-prepared adhesive making sure the solution has been cooled first.
C) Pour this mixture over the seed and stir until all the seeds are wet.
D) Add immediately the required amount of finely ground limestone and mix until the seeds are evenly coated and well pelleted. Cease mixing as soon as the pellet has been formed.
The adhesive used in pelleting provides some protection for the bacteria from the harmful effects of high temperatures and the drying associated with storage and dry sowing. However, it is best to inoculate seed as close as possible to sowing. Ideally, it should be sown into moist soil immediately.
|Australian inoculation Group Chart 2010||BioStacked®||Nodulaid ™ Peat||Nodulator™ Granules|
|Group Type||Used for inoculating the following legumes||Each BioStacked® kit treats 1000kg of coarse grain seed||Maximum weight kgs of seed to be treated|| ||Standard Pack||Large Pack
|AL||Lucerne, Strand and Disc Medic|| ||25||125||ü|
|AM||Annual Medics except Strand and Disc|| ||50|| || |
|B||White, Red, Strawberry, Alsike, Suckling, Berseem, Cluster Clover|| ||25||125|| |
|C||All Subterranean Clovers, Crimson, Rose, Cupped and Helmet Clover|| ||50||250||ü|
| ||Arrowleaf, Balansa, Gland, Purple Clover, Persian (Shaftal) Clover (cv Maral)|| ||25||125||ü|
|E*||Pea, Field Pea, Vetch, Tare, Narbon Bean||ü|| ||500||ü|
|F*||Faba Bean, Tick or Broad Beam||ü|| ||500||ü|
| ||Lentil||ü|| ||250|| |
| ||Yellow, Pink, Hybrid, Slender Serradella (seeds and pods)||ü|| ||250||ü|
| ||Soybean (NITRI-LIFE™ Liquid Inoculant 3L)||ü|| ||1000|| |
|I*||Cowpea (cv. Poona Pea, Caloona, Banjo), Mung Bean|| ||100|| ||ü|
|J*||Pigeon Pea, Lablab|| ||100|| ||ü|
| ||Macrotyloma axillare (cv. Archer)|| ||50|| || |
|P*||Peanut (FP Peat Culture)|| ||100|| ||ü|
|Biserrula||cv. Casbah|| || ||50||ü|
* These inoculants contain Celstik™ (a built in adhesive and stabiliser)
- Outdated BIOSTACKED®, Nodulaid ™, Nodulator™ and NITRI-LIFE™ must NOT be sold.
- Store BIOSTACKED®, Nodulaid ™, NITRI-LIFE™ inoculants in refrigerator or cool place ideally 4°C - 8°C (do not freeze)
- Store Nodulator™ in a cool, dry place
- Also available - Seedstik seed coating adhesive
Peat Inoculant information supplied by Becker Underwood Pty. Limited
Methods of Freeze Dried Inoculant Application
Directions for preparation of legume Inoculant solution:
EasyRhiz® is supplied in two parts which are combined before use:
- A glass vial of freeze dried Rhizobium bacteria for inoculating legume seed
- A pack of EasyRhiz® protecting agent.
This product is suitable for both coating seed prior to sowing and liquid injection during sowing. The maximum amount of seed that can be treated is indicated on the vial label. Use one pack of EasyRhiz Protecting Agent per vial.
Inoculation solution preparation
Remove cap and rubber bung from the glass vial, add clean cool water, replace bung and shake to dissolve powder. All powder must dissolve. It is preferable to use rain water with a pH between 6.5 and 7.5.
For Seed Coating:
- Add this pack of powder to sufficient water to treat the weight of seed indicated on the vial. As a guide 50kgs of small seed size requires 750mls water, 250kgs medium size seed requires 1.5 litres water and 500kgs large size seed requires 3 litres water. Adjust water rates as required. Using less water will shorten drying time but may reduce seed coverage.
- Mix in the vial of Inoculant solution prepared earlier. Rinse the vial.
- Coat this solution evenly over the seed to be treated.
Treated seed should be planted within 5 hours of inoculation.
For Liquid Injection:
- Add 2 litres of cool clean water to a clean bucket, add EasyRhiz® Protecting Agent, then add the vial of inoculant solution prepared earlier. Rinse the vial.
- Add this solution to the spray tank of a liquid injection system on a crop seeder or combine, at 50 to 200 litres of clean water per hectare. The liquid injection system delivers the solution into the planting furrow along with the seed during the planting process. It is important that the inoculant solution contacts the seed as it is sown.
Store the vial between 4°C and 10°C out of direct sunlight. Apply only to the specific legume seed indicated on the label of the vial.
- Do not prepare inoculant in containers that have previously contained pesticides.
- Do not use if sowing into soil with poor soil moisture (dry sowing)
- Do not use if sowing into soil that is over 30°C. Do not apply to seed that is coated with toxic chemicals.
- Note: Increased application rates improve results. Double the concentration of inoculant (ie use 2 vials instead of one) if the land has never grown this type of legume crop previously (keep the application of water standard)
As the manner of use of this product is beyond the company's control, no warranty is given other than those warranties implied by the Trade Practices Act 1974 and in any event the liability of the company is limited to replacement of this product or the payment of the cost of doing so. EasyRhiz® Freeze Dried Inoculant
EasyRhiz® Freeze Dried Inoculant
|Inoculant Group||Host Plant - Common Name||EasyRhiz™||EasyRhiz™ Protectant|
| ||Pack Size||Vial||Foil|
|Strain||Seed treated per pack||Kg||(Powder)|
|AL, “Lucerne” (RR1128)|| Lucerne, Strand medic, Disc medic||100||100g|
|AM, “Medic” (WSM1115)||Barrel medic, Burr medic, Snail medic, Sphere medic, Gama medic, Murex medic||200||250g|
|B, “White clover” (TA1)||White clover, Red clover, Strawberry clover, Alsike clover, Berseem (Egyptian) clover, Cluster or Ball clover, Suckling clover||100||100g|
|C, “Sub clover”||Crimson clover, Cupped clover, Helmet clover, Purple clover, Rose clover, Sub clover||200||250g|
| ||Arrowleaf clover, Balansa clover, Gland clover, Persian (Shaftal)||100||250g|
|E, “Pea” (SU 303)||Field pea, Grass pea, Common vetch or Tare, Bitter vetch, Lathyrus, Purple vetch, Pea, Woolly pod vetch||500||250g|
|F, “Faba” (WSM1455)||Faba, Tick or Broad bean||500||250g|
|G,“Lupin” (WU425)||All lupin||500||250g|
|H, “Soy” (CB1809)||Soybean||500||250g|
|I, “Mung Bean” (CB1015)||Cowpea, Mung bean, Moth bean, Dune bean, Rice bean, Snake bean, Creeping vigna||500||250g|
|J, “Lab Lab” (CB1024)||Dolichos lablab, Pigeon pea, Hyacinth bean||500||250g|
| ||Perennial horse gram (Axillaris)||250||250g|
|M, “Siratro” (CB756)||Butterfly pea, Atro, Tropical kudzu, Puero||200||250g|
| ||Glycine, Siratro, Jack bean, Calopo , Gambia pea, Phasey bean, Velvet bean, Banana bean, Wing bean or Goa , Wynn Cassia, Kudzu||100||250g|
|N, “Chickpea” (CC1192)||All Chickpea||500||250g|
|P, “Peanut” (NC92)||Peanut or Groundnut||500||250g|
|S, “Serradella” (WSM471)||All Serradella||200||250g|
|SU343||Birdsfoot trefoil (Lotus corniculatus)||25||100g|
|CC283b||Caucasian ( Kura ) clover||50||100g|
|CC511||French or Common bean, Navy, Kidney, Dry, Lima beans||250||250g|
|CB3035||Guar or Cluster bean||250||250g|
|CB782||Kenya white clover (Trifolium semipilosum)||50||100g|
|CC829 (Lotus)||Lotus, Lotus pedunculatus||25||100g|
|CB1650||Stylo- Caribbean stylo (Stylosanthes hamata)||50||100g|
|CB3481||Stylo- Caatinga stylo (Stylosanthes seabrana)||50||100g|
|CB82||Stylo- All other Stylo (Fine stem, Shrubby, Townsville)||50||100g|
|CC1502||Tree Lucerne or Tagasaste||25||100g|
EasyRhiz™ is a soluble powder of pure culture supplied in a glass vial and comes with EasyRhiz™ protecting agent.
All Rhizobium strains used are approved by the NSW Department of Primary Industries, 2009
Store all cultures in a cool place
Freeze dried Inoculant information supplied by New-Edge Microbials Pty Ltd